Now that the show is over and done, I find I am a bit out of sorts. I expected myself to keep the momentum going and immediately started to think about what to do next. It has taken me a bit of time to realize that what I really need is to pause and restore.
I have a lot of things to consider:
Do I continue doing more work with The Odyssey?
Do I go back to my Film Noir series?
Do I expand my Odyssey series to include other sources from literature, such as The Metamorphoses, Norse Mythology, or even Shakespeare?
Where do I show next? What is my next venue?
I have a tendency to ride myself a bit hard. I have realized that I can’t simply continue to produce without taking some time to relax, dream, and reassess my desires and goals. Some of the ways in which I am restoring myself are:
- Back to doing little, no-pressure drawings and sketches.
- Reading things that interest and inspire me.
- Catching up with things I couldn’t do while I was working so hard.
- Cleaning up my studio, reorganizing my stuff in a way that feels good.
- Looking at other artists’ work and becoming inspired.
- Beach time!
I trust and respect my process.
I trust and respect my inner rhythms.
I trust that "it" will come back to me, better and stronger than ever.
How do you restore yourself after a huge endeavor?